Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Clarification

This post is not directed to a new artist or movement in the text and is not expected to be discussed in class. This is simply a clarification for you, the reader, on what was already shared. After our Brancusi and Picasso class I was approached by a friend who encouraged me to expound on what I meant when I said, “There is no perfection.” Though the friend and I both understood that I meant “There is no perfection in this sinful world,” it was brought to my attention that I should clarify this point.

I definitely believe in perfection. This perfection is the One whom I base my entire life around. This One is my Heavenly Father, my Saviour, and my Lord. Because of our own faults as humans we are separated from this perfection and therefore live in an imperfect world. I rejected Him and am sinful. But, He loves me and is holy. He gives me a choice to be with Him again through the death of His Son as a payment for my rejection. I believe His Son, Jesus, is my Saviour, and that He rose from the dead as He claimed He would. Because of this payment, I believe I will one day experience perfection when I am in His presence for eternity.

I do believe in perfection. That is not to say nature or humans are perfect. God alone is perfect. But it is that same perfection found in Him that we cannot fully express in visual art. Because in the same way we cannot draw or paint the passage of time, no one can capture the perfection of God.

1 comment:

  1. i know this probably won't count as one of my comments...but I just have to say amen :)

    ReplyDelete